The Cisco CCDA® certification is for network design engineers, technicians, and support engineers, who require a basic understanding of network design fundamentals. The CCDA curriculum focuses on but is not limited to designing basic campus, data center, security, voice, and wireless networks.
A valid CCENT or a valid CCNA Routing and Switching or any CCIE certification can act as a prerequisite.
DESGN: Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions Exam
- Exam Number:640-864 DESGN
- Associated Certifications:CCDA
- Duration:75 minutes (50 - 60 questions)
- Available Languages:English, Japanese
- Click Here to Register:Pearson VUE
- Exam Policies:Read current policies and requirements
- Exam Tutorial:Review type of exam questions
- Register for Course:DESGN v2.1 course and other offerings
This exam indicates a foundation or apprentice knowledge of network design for the Cisco converged networks based on Borderless Network Architecture. CCDA certified professionals can design routed and switched network infrastructures and services involving LAN, WAN, wireless, and broadband access for businesses and organizations.
The following information provides general guidelines for the content likely to be included on the Designing Cisco Internetworking exam. However, other related topics may also appear on any specific delivery of the exam.
- 10% 1.0 Describe the Methodology Used to Design a Network
- 13% 2.0 Describe Network Structure and Modularity
- 27% 3.0 Design Basic Enterprise Campus Networks
- 10% 4.0 Design Enterprise Edge and Remote Network Modules
- 21% 5.0 Design IP Addressing and Routing Protocols
- 19% 6.0 Design Network Services